Welcome to summer camp, future counselor! Here are a few tips –
1. You’re going to get a camp nickname. Embrace it. Just imagine yourself as Wasabi from Big Hero Six…
(Incidentally, my camp nickname is Kindle.)
2. Walking, running, jumping…you’ll be doing it all! However, you’ll also be eating camp food which is chalk full of carbs. The camp life isn’t as healthy as you’d think.
3. To be a good counselor:
4. This is how you and your fellow counselors actually look:
But this is how campers see you:
5. Some campers are going to love you. Others…less so.
Regardless, love them all!
6. Sometimes camp life is like this:
But it quickly becomes….
7. Always follow the Rule of 3 – never be alone with a camper. It gives you better odds when running from a bear
7. Camp life can be exhausting…
And a little bit crazy
But it is always worth it!