10 years ago, my sister got a Goodreads and recommended I make an account too. My reading has never been the same.
For those of you who don’t know, goodreads.com is basically social media for books. You can add books you’ve read, mark books want to read, write reviews, read others’ reviews, find books like the books you love, stalk authors…etc. I love how it allows me to categorize books and neatly keep track of things. It also helps me discover new books or shy away from a book based on a negative review from someone I trust.
If you have an account, be sure to friend or follow me!
In honor of 10 years, I thought it might be fun to run through a few stats. Over the last decade I have:
- Added 3,057 books to my read, to read, currently reading, or not going to finish shelves
- Marked 2,097 books as read (most of them read over the last 10 years but not all since I did add some books from my grade and middle school years)
- Wrote 1,619 reviews of those books
- Rated 1,849 books (average rating 3.33/5 stars)
- Made 858 friends
- Created over 124 ‘shelves’ to categorize my books
- Designated 81 “favorite” authors
- Spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours happily content in my little book themed world
Yay 10 years!