I think Tuesday/Thursdays are going to be my favorite days. At least, today turned out to be really fun. Here are some highlights:
- On my way to school, a homeless man told me I was beautiful! (In full disclosure, he also asked me for apple juice so he might have been just buttering me up.)
- I made a new friend! (Not the homeless man, though he did ask for my number.)
- I got free pizza at lunch.
- I won a Starbucks gift card! (Won might be too strong a word. I was given it because I got cold called on twice my first day of classes and the lady at the Lexis Advance training was very sympathetic.)
- I wore my hair in a low bun all day and it STAYED! (Yay perms!)
- I read a book for fun between classes called Loyalty and Legislative Action: A Survey of Activity by the New York State Legislature 1919-1949 by Lawrence H. Chamberlain and it was so unexpectedly good I gave it 5 stars.
- My roommate bought me KIMCHI so I got to eat that with my dinner.
All in all, a delightful day.
So basically, my volunteers are models…
More seriously, I had a really fun evening at the park with a core group from my office. I am truly grateful for all the time and effort they give (and all the fun we have!)
Tuesday teaser is a weekly bookish meme hosted by http://www.booksandabeat.com
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two or three *teaser* sentences from somewhere on that page.
- Be careful not to include spoilers ~ make sure what you share doesn’t give to much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teasers!
“I was twelve years of age when I chopped of my hair, dressed as a boy, and set off to save my family from ruin. I made it almost to the end of my front garden.” (1)
Isn’t that a great intro? I’m only half way through but this book has been super charming and fun so far. I can’t wait to find out what happens next. When in a reading slump, it never hurts to head back to Juvenile fiction.
I shared some pictures earlier but here are a few of my favorites from the costume party on Saturday:
Myra’s costume was so cool!
What a great group!
Although Siblings Day is long past, busy schedules prevented my siblings and I from meeting up until today. I was pretty stressed about it. I had a headache all afternoon and felt like I wasn’t prepared to leave the office yet. I forced myself to leave work, mentally fretting about everything left undone.
It was totally worth it. I am so glad I had this evening with my siblings. I needed a chance to laugh and play and not be stressed. We exchanged gifts and swapped stories; it was really fun and encouraging. Siblings are the best kind of friends. No matter how different we may be, our shared memories, personalities, and interests always bring us back together!
I am currently in the middle of a 21+ hour road trip from Florida to Wisconsin. There are 8 of us in a 12 passenger van. It is bringing back so many memories…especially of the time 7 of us squashed in a minivan and drove from Minnesota to Virginia for iGovern camp. There were three of us teenage girls stuffed in the back seat. It is almost a wonder we became best friends and not mortal enemies. That was a fun trip.
However, 12 passenger vans aren’t new to me either! 4 times I made the non-stop trip from Wisconsin to the Louisiana bayous in high school. That is where I learned to sleep in a moving vehicle.
There was the trip to Colorado in a 12 passenger van with the same minivan friends…and the time I roadtripped with my aunt, brother, and cousin to Canada and out west. There was every long trip to school in Tennessee and the drive back at the end of the semester.
Road trips are fun. They illustrate a person’s character like little else. You either crazy bond or end up loathing your now former friends.
With 13+ hours to go, the jury is still out with how this trip will end, but I suspect it will be positive. After all, we have already survived one late night, sleep deprived night! What can one more do?
Today the AFP-WI team had a team bonding day and went shooting! It was my first time shooting a shotgun.
While I will be the first to admit I wasn’t very good at it, I had a lot of fun and I definitely want to do something like it again in the future!